Saturday, December 6, 2008

Well well well... it's been quite a while. The past week, I've been house-hoping. Matt. 25:35? Look it up, I can really relate to that- at least more so than just when I stayed at host families during MSEC choir fesitval. It turned out that I had to wait another week longer than I had thought, in order to move in with my host family (regardless- I'm soo excited!), BUT a week before I could move in with my host family, new volunteers were going to come live at the CD- and FILL the place, leaving me homeless in Paraguay. And they told me this 5 days before I had to move out. Thankfully my co-workers are some of the greatest people ever. Just about everyone offered to open up their house for me. 

So last weekend I stayed at Magali's house, and celebrated their aunt's birthday with their whole family and decorated their christmas tree with them... being with the big, talkative, warm Santo family made me miss my own family so much... but it was good to be with them! 

Then on Monday, I made my way over to Graciela's house for the week. This week we've been making a lot of granola to sell at the co-op in Filadelfia next Saturday. So I've been helping out with that, and cooking, and washing dishes... all things that you don't realize how much you miss until you're away from them for a while. 

...That's a quick recap of what my past week has been like. I know it's not much, but on Monday, I'll be moving in with my Paraguayan host family- the "Torres" Just think- Kelsey Shue "Torres" (Or Towers, it would be in English) ...Although they're a super nice family, somehow it doesn't quite fit. I'll stick with Shue. ;) 

1 comment:

Kara said...

i think it would be cool if your name could be "kelsey towers" cuz then it would be like you are always tall!! haha